1440x900 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebathan

Baseband Member
So I just got this spiffy new Samsung SyncMaster 906BW widescreen monitor and its native resolution is 1440x900. I managed to set it at that resolution without having to manually enter a new resolution. Now my desktop doesn't fit on the entire screen. I have to mouse over to the left side of the screen so it pans over and I can see the time and what not. Anyone know why it does it or how to fix it?

I'll give it a try, but it appears to be more of a display setting then a setting on the monitor.

Are you positive it's set to 1440x900? It should work fine as long as its a 17 or 19 inch wide screen..

Well I had it running at 1280x700? on my VGA cable because I just could not get the 1440x900 to work. Was waiting until I got a DVI cable. I just bought one but realized to late that it is a Single Link cable instead of Dual-Link and again I can not get it the run at 1440x900. Do you know if it is limited by the Single-Link? This is turning into quite a hassle.

Here is the specification webpage, SAMSUNG's Digital World - LCD - Digital | 906BW
it claims its native is 1440x900.

Hello,

Are you using a DVI single link or dual link cable?

Have you installed the driver for you display? If you're using DVI, you should install the DVI driver using the CD that came with the Samsung SyncMaster 906BW.

Also, have you used the auto adjust feature on the monitor?

I am currently using a Single Link cable, that was one question I had. Does single link support resolutions that high?

Also I have installed the drivers that came on the cd with the monitor and that didn't help any. Perhaps it's my video card?

And when I hit Auto adjust button it says Auto Adjustment Not Available.

Hello,

Alright. Sorry I gave wrong advice there. Auto adjust won't do anything because the feature is for when you're using VGA.

The maximum resolution the EVGA e-GeForce 6800 can support is 1600 x 1200 (for DVI digital output). Which reminds me, what refresh rate are you using? Although the refresh rate is not important when using a digital signal, have you tried changing the refresh rate?

Some graphics cards can be fussy about non standard resolutions, even though they support higher resolutions. But I wouldn't think that your graphics card can't support 1440 x 900.

I am using it at 60Hz which I believe I read on the Samsung website is the recommended for their monitors. Either way when I change the resolution it doesn't provide me with any other resolutions.

I suppose I should just order a Dual Link cable and see if that solves the issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom