Is this a good combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really am shocked at that nagasama...I want to know what volts you are running becuase those speeds rival my G.skill NR's..even though they are like 50 bucks cheaper still they will do about the exact speeds with 2.15v

You must have gotten some good chips man heh but congrats. That's really nice.

Not all XMS2 is bad but they don't BIN them like G.skill does to ensure all of the chips will OC high. You got good luck :p

yeah that's not too bad. my xms2 will boot at ddr2-960 @ 4-4-3-5 @ 2.25v but its not stable :/..

im sitting at ddr2-900 @ 4-4-3-5 @ 2.2v now. its alright. i'll give you those hk's, they're better than my corsair :(

^^dude that aint too shabby^^
and im still gonna get a set of hk's when i build my moms a computer shortly...
i am going to swap them with my corsair, see which i like better, and put the other set in her computer. easy way to test-run ram...i guess eventually i will run out of people to build for.
you're right, i have the luck of the irish.

^^dude that aint too shabby^^
and im still gonna get a set of hk's when i build my moms a computer shortly...
i am going to swap them with my corsair, see which i like better, and put the other set in her computer. easy way to test-run ram...i guess eventually i will run out of people to build for.
you're right, i have the luck of the irish.

yeah its not bad. let us know how those hk's go, i might be picking me up a pair soon, and i'll pawn these xms2's off on my moms new comp lol, that just happens to have a x2 3600+ and biostar 550 lmao.

duly noted..

i understand exactly what your saying, and hopefully more people will start to realize this. people do tend to get pretty sided with one company and thats it. but thats why this forum exist, for those more knowledgeable to give advice.

p.s. this is in reference to Sora's post earlier

Exactly, they can do whatever they want with their money but I do want to make sure they know that just becuase it has the name "corsair" doesn't mean it's the best performance as the majority of people who don't know much about computers always think....AMD is always the best, Corsair and Kingston are always the best, and Antec make the best PSU's.

On average those are 4 brands I always see come up becuase they USED to be some of the best no matter what. Now there are better for the money...if they understand that they are paying more for slower then go ahead. Yea I'm not bashing you for buying MXS2 before as G.skill used to be very expensive until they cut their prices and now they blow everyone out of the water.

lmao...
moms deserves the best...
lol actually if the overclocks are what i think i could get...her rig would be an x2 4200 and an abit kn9 ultra...with which ever RAM her trusty computer builder decided he didn't like, lol.
such a good son.

i have no idea why that post just showed up? (the "duly noted.." post) i think my firefox just freaked out and posted it, i meant to post it a while ago lol...
lol, uhh yeah but she doesn't play games or anything, just basic office and browsing, but yeah they do deserve the best..i didn't even realize it then but the 3600+ and the mobo were in a combo a few days ago and i was like well the mobo has some good reivews, guess i'll get it. even though now im a little ticked that the 3600+ OEM is $65 and has a free copy of Rainbow Six: Vegas... :-/

oh really dude you got the combo with a 3600 and this mobo?
that rocks... now the combo is a 5600 for like 259.00.
which is pretty sweet too.
but my whole point here is to get a 65 DOLLAR cpu that performs as well as a 300 dollar (or more) chip.
we'll see if the hype is worth it i guess.

yeah its not too shabby paired together, she probably won't let me touch her comp anymore though lol. however, im a little tempted to try to see what it'll do...

i hear you, the 5600+ is nice, but the point is to try to get a $150 set-up to match up with a $400-500 set-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom