Invalid Partition Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

saladfork

In Runtime
I decided to delve into the world of linux by installing slackware, and I started poking around in things I didn't completly understand, and I think i accidentally set two partitions to active, and when I rebooted, I got an error saying invalid partition table.

I assumed that deleting all the partitions and making a clean install of windows would fix things. Guess it didnt work - goodbye media >.<

Anywho, I'd like something to absolutely wipe everything - partition tables, the MBR, everything... because I assume that would fix things, yes?

no just delete your new partition. you should have left 7.8 mb free when you made it. you might have fix you mbr but that's simple

I dont follow. I deleted the partitions, reinstalled xp, but still get the error.

How would I fix the mbr, if thats the case?

you shouldn't have delete the xp partition. you didn't lose it. now you probably have to use powermax (in my signature ) quick erase feature, then reinstall xp

Heh, I get kinda brash when trying to fix things and start doing things willy nilly :]

But yea, I tried using the links in your sig, but they are broken or something. I'll try googling them, thanks.

EDIT: "The POWERMAX.EXE utility is effective on all ATA (IDE) hard drives with a capacity greater than or equal to 500 MB."

I got that from |MG| Free Download - Maxtor Powermax 4.23 , the hdd in question is only 120 gigs o.0 - Will it still work?

Heh, I get kinda brash when trying to fix things and start doing things willy nilly :]

But yea, I tried using the links in your sig, but they are broken or something. I'll try googling them, thanks.

EDIT: "The POWERMAX.EXE utility is effective on all ATA (IDE) hard drives with a capacity greater than or equal to 500 MB."

I got that from |MG| Free Download - Maxtor Powermax 4.23 , the hdd in question is only 120 gigs o.0 - Will it still work?

any ide drive

Trying to use that program, I got an error message, I forget what it was exactly, but it basically didnt work. I decided to use the Ultimate Boot Disk and used one of its many wonderful apps :]

Anywho, boo boo gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom