Computer System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDerekI

Baseband Member
Hello all.

Lord Of The Rings Online is starting after long last so its time for me to purchase a computer fit for the job.

I was convinced in the last post to go for a big screen! , later searching shops and yes.. big looks good.
Im thinking intel for the proccesser as intel has always served me well.
I beleive 2 gigs of ram is a good amount for my usage.
But i have no idea what powersuply i will need even after reading a few of your great posts.
Where the graphics card is conserned i was thinking 256meg x16 PCI-e
as that seems standed on gaming pc's i see around today.

This is a PC i designed useing a "Wizard" at a local PC webshop.

$133.00 CPU: Intel Pentium 4 631 3.0Ghz 2MB Cache 800Mhz Socket T (LGA775) CPU + Fan Retail Boxed

$174.00 Socket T Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3 Socket T (LGA775) Motherboard

$182.00 DDR2 RAM Memory Chip: Kingston (ValueRam) 1GB PC2-6400 DDR2 (800Mhz) Memory CL4 (4-4-4-12)

$182.00 DDR2 RAM Memory Chip: Kingston (ValueRam) 1GB PC2-6400 DDR2 (800Mhz) Memory CL4 (4-4-4-12)

$235.00 PCI-Express16x Video Card: Asus nVidia GeForce 7600GS Extreme EN7600GS 512MB PCI-Express 16x Video Card *TV Out

$93.00 IDE Device: Gigabyte Light Scribe GO-W160A 16x+R 16x-R 8x+RW 6x-RW 8x+R-DL 4x-R-DL Write speed 48x CD-R 24xCD-RW 16xDVD-ROM (Black) Internal IDE DVD-Writer

$130.00 Serial ATA Device: Western Digital Caviar SE WD2000JS 200GB 7200RPM Serial ATA300 Hard Disk Drive 8MB Cache

$20.00 Floppy Disk Drive: Mitsumi 3�" Floppy Disk Drive (White)

$146.00 Case: MGE XG Gamer H1 (Black) Mid-Tower Case Dual blue neon light 450W PSU

$681.00 Monitor: Samsung 226BW (Black) 22" LCD Flat Panel Display 1680x1050 2ms Response Time

$15.00 Keyboard: Generic Standard PS/2 (Black) Keyboard

$21.00 Mouse: Gigabyte GM-AC 800dpi (Black) Optical Mouse

$182.00 Software Package: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition 32-bit OEM Operating System (DVD)
$65.00 Assembly
Order Total $2,259.00

Price includes GST and delivery
Click any item to see details.

I would like advice, ideas and other things along those lines.
also, perhaps i should just get dell to do it for me . :)

Those are possibly the worst prices I have ever seen in my entire life.....PLEASE TELL ME THAT IS IN CAD OR POUNDS OR SOMETHING!!!!

Also that PC will NOT play the new LOTR as the CPU and the video card are not powerful enough....those have to be in pounds

New Zealand dollers.

What sort of CPU?
should i look for something that says duel core in its name?

And i must admit with the graphics card i only looked at the stats 500meg and went for it, what should i watch for?

I had no idea that prices in New Zealand were so bad...Americans really do have it lucky as we could build that same system for 700 New Zealand dollars here. We had a guy from Australia buy parts in America and then his aunt shipped them over to there becuase it saved it him A LOT of money.

regardless if you are looking to play a new game at very high frames you will need a faster processor such as a Core 2 Duo or AMD X2. And understand with a monitor that big your going to need something like an ATI X1950XT or better.

the truth hurts and so does the pocket.
scanning down the price barrier a bit i found.

Palit ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 256MB PCI-Express 16x Video Card Dual Head, Dual-Link DVI, TV-Out, HDTV, AVIVO, Crossfire

would that do it?

wow, prices are realy that diffrent?.
I have friends in america , maybe its time to test that trust ^_^

Prices are incredibly different

The X1600Pro is not powerful enough either. For that much New Zealand its around 1600 USD I believe.

For 1600 USD you could build a small monster of a gaming machine packed with some of the best parts there are.

- Dell Dimension(TM) E520 Pentium(R) D w/Dual Core Desktop
Base System Intel(R) Pentium(R) D 925 with Dual Core Processing 1
(3.0GHz, 2X2MB L2 cache, 800MHz FSB)

Memory 2GB (2X1GB) NECC Dual Channel DDR2 667MHz SDRAM Memory 1
Video Card 256MB PCIe(TM) x16 ATI Radeon(TM) X1300 Pro w/TV-Out, VGA and DVI 1
Floppy Drive & Card Reader 1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Drive 1

Floppy Cable
Keyboards Dell(TM) USB Quietkey(R) Keyboard(English) 1
Mouse Dell(TM) Optical USB Mouse 1

Dell(TM) Mouse Mat
Display 22" Entry Wide Screen Flat Panel LCD Monitor (Analog & DVI Only) 1
Hard Drive 320GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing 1
TV Tuner & Remote Control Dell(TM) PCIe(TM) Hybrid PAL/SECAM/DVB-T TV Tuner with Remote Control 1
Optical Drives 16X DVD+/-RW with Dual Layer Write Capabilities 1

Roxio Creator 9.0

4.7GB DVD+R Blank Media (1 pc)
Sound Card Integrated 7.1 Audio 1
Speakers Dell(TM) A525 Stereo Speakers with Subwoofer (ANZ) 1
Modems 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem 1
Software Microsoft(R) Works 8.5 - OEM version 1

Word Processor/Spreadsheet/Database/Calendar/Powerpoint viewer/Email Tools
Adapter Adapter for Dual Monitor (DVI-to-VGA) 1
Items included in the System Integrated Fast Ethernet 10/100 1
System Drive CD Kit 1

Freight Charges DIMENSION(TM) MT Handling & Insurance Charges(New Zealand) 1
Wireless Networking No Wireless Router chosen
Others Shipping Documentations 1

Mod Specs Info (New Zealand)

Total

Before Tax 2,107.00
GST - New Zealand - 12.5% 263.38
Total Amount NZD 2,370.38

Im sure you know who these guys are , being a well known business.
And yes, the stats havent realy changed. Fact is if i cant get a computer that can run LOTRO propaly i may as well buy one that tries its best ^_^ hehe.

Well your first option was better as the X1300PRO isn't that powerful.

I still suggest buying one from america for around $1600 USD which will max out the new LOTR game and then somehow figure out a way to ship it to there.

The 7600GS in the very first build would play it ok but you wouldnt be seeing very high FPS. What size monitor would you be playing it on?

I plan on useing the 22" LCD wide screen, come to think of it i might just let the X1600 Pro 256MB card struggle along tell i can afford a better graphics card in a few months.
Correct me if im wrong but a 22" LCD moniter will last something like 5 years where any graphics card will be out of date soon anyway.

[vanity] seen big screen at shops, i want that lolly.

About buying in from america... eh.
im pretty lazy , i will look into it but i dont see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom