Looking at AMD x2 3600's

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't really need HZ's with a 3600+. I would just get some NR's for $145 and if your case doesn't have a window or you don't care about looks, get a Tuniq Tower/Scythe/BigTyphoon instead of the Zalman. And I would pay $6 more for the 450W FSP.

i would get g skill hk's. my own personal preference.
b1gapl's build is excellent for the money, and i dont think i would do anything different. except maybe the mobo...but i am undecided on that myself.
the evga is 40.00 cheaper, just dont know about the o.c. possibilities.
anyone got any reviews on it handy?

Would Corsair Value RAM work, or do I need good RAM to OC' my CPU to its best states?

Corsair value ram won't overclock well. You need overclocking ram like G. Skill.

Yes your going to need new ram.

I would suggest this board as it is an awesome overclocking board and cheap.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Then for RAM the HZ's are nice but if your on a budget then I suggest this ram
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Have that ram and it hits 1130mhz.

For a cooler get one of these

Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

Those are all the best budget overclocking parts there are.

Oh great, my parents won't let me build PC's in my house anymore, i trashed the house last time building one, someting about looking for stuff not putting it back, anyways i like ur build Sora, but where can i get something similarly priced with similar components without me building it myself.............

It'll be a ton more expensive unless you build it yourself.. Unless you get an HP or something like that but you won't be able to overclock that. Did you really trash the house that much? I don't see how it's even possible to trash more then one room and even then it's not too difficult to clean it up =/.

Anyways, some online builders are Avadirect, Cyberpower, Velocity Micro.. etc.. You might also want to look for a local shop and see if they'll assemble it for you for a fee.

Take mrfluffles last suggestion and have someone put it together for you. Have a good friend do it that you can trust, or have a shop do it for a fee. It will still be a lot cheaper than ordering a off a site like Cyberpower or a pre-built.

Do it at a friends house, like in their garage or something. In high school my buddies and I built a couple in his parents garage in one sitting.
And the giant barrel trash can was right there for all our garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom