Sound Card setup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraph

In Runtime
I just got a new Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer card for my computer. I have been using a kind of home entertainment speaker system that is 5.1 speakers. All of the speakers connect to a control box and then that plugs into the regular speaker jack for my sound. The problem is that I am doing the Creative Speaker Connection wizard and it is wanting me to plug in the front speakers to one port, back to another, and center/subwoofer to the 3rd. I can only use one with my speakers, though. When I did the digital audio thing it only has 2.1 speakers and it didn't work right either.

Anyone know what to do?

Are you using a single digital Optical/Coax Cable ?, or the 3 Direct Anologue cables ?.

Also what speakers are they ?.

They are some Wal-Mart surround sound speakers. They aren't too bad, but I don't know what they are.

The cable is your standard Red/White TV cables but they merge into one cable that is light green on the end, which is for computers. Right now the card is working with surround sound, it just won't let me config them.

Ok... they are not producing true surround sound. It is all simulated by the speakers. Reason: The cable you are using only uses L and R channels. Nothing more.

Gotta do your research BEFORE you buy a speaker system. Just because it says it on the box, doesn't mean it is.

What you are getting is the L and R channels summed into the center channel, and the rears are the same as the front with phase/EQ differences to act like its behind you and the sub is just crossed over from the satellites.

If it were true, you would have either one digital cable, or at least 3 analog cables, both carrying 6 channels; each lead goes to each speaker post-amp.

It does have a digital cable place, but what color cable goes in there? I have like 10 different cables for it, I just have to relocate them. I don't know that that would help, but I dont know much about this stuff.

well, you need to have a digital out on the sound card.

You need to read the manual for both the sound card and the speakers and figure it out. There will either be one digital cable, or at least 3 analog cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom