Ideal parts for a build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RisingFalls

In Runtime
So I'm planning to build a computer, it's past time since I took a shot at it when I know so much and so little. I don't want to spend hours searching through Newegg and comparing and contrasting and buying and not liking the item and returning it and all that.

I'd like to hear all your suggestions, with links to buy the part for what I need to make it happen, sort of like a scavenger hunt for me.

At most I would like to spend $1000.

Since I'm using it mostly for high quality audio live record/mix/master, I'm planning to get a SB X-FI Platinum after I assemble it. I'll also be playing some games, nothing too hard core, so I'll be using my own GeForce 6200 AGP 8X if the mobo I get can support it. If the slot for it is PCI-E I'll get a card for that, or just use integrated graphics and trash the one I have, it's not good anyway.

I'll probrably ReWire FL Studio 7 into Reason 3.0 with Cubase and Acid 6 all open at once, so I'm sticking with the C2D at minimum to prevent any annoying waiting and freezing, and at least 1gb of RAM. 2 if possible.

Those programs call for a MIDI input, along with all the other devices I have, so I'll need at least 6 USB ports.

I don't plan to overclock anything, so I won't need a huge power supply, or extra fans/cooling devices.

I want a quiet, large capacity hard drive..two drives if I can..

The case I don't care about as long as it dosen't melt on me or look incredibly, incredibly ugly.

And about the rest I can handle myself.
With $1000, is this possible? I was thinking of just waiting until late Aprilish when the C2D prices go down.

I'd appreciate it if someone spent the time and effort for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom