Laptop beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

misaelnasci

Beta member
I was trying to upgade my laptop...I install a new harddrive and a new memory...now the laptop beeps and does not turn on...did I fry the mobo?...

When i installed new memory on my laptop, i didn't push the Ram all the way into the socket properly. This caused my laptop to beep and not turn on. I'm guessing you have a similar problem, so try to reinsert the memory, (you will know when you get it in right, because it will click and its obvious)

Re-install the original RAM (take out your new RAM) and try again. It's very unlikely that you fried your laptop. It's more likely that it's bad, incompatible, or improperly seated RAM. Try swapping the sticks around. I have found that laptops are much more picky with RAM installations than desktops are.

thanks....It is a compaq presario model 12XL125...when I turn it on it beeps 1 long beep and 3 short followed by another 3 short beeps...is that a key board feilure?...I don't know, just guessing!

thanks...I will try that...it beeps when I turn it on...1 long beep and 3 short ones and three short ones after...is that a key board feilure?....I am not ashamed of the gospel either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom