Mac Users Numbers Declining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master

Has Apple's market share actually declined as implied by this article? The data collected comes from 40,000 web sites that are part of Net Applications network so who really knows. Even if the data is 100% accurate, I don't think a net decline of 0.3% is anything for Apple to really worry about. Do you?

The share of PowerPC-based Macs fell, though, from 4.29% in February to 3.94% in March. That dip was not fully offset by an increase in Intel-based Mac hardware, leading to a overall net decline in Mac share of 0.3%, to 6.08% in March.

Has Apple's market share actually declined as implied by this article? The data collected comes from 40,000 web sites that are part of Net Applications network so who really knows. Even if the data is 100% accurate, I don't think a net decline of 0.3% is anything for Apple to really worry about. Do you?
Nope. These things fluctuate. Besides, data from websites is hardly what you could call accurate. 0.3% is easily less than the margin of error here. But even on the assumption of it being accurate, I don't think Apple would be worrying. Think about it: the number of people with computers is increasing. Many people buying new computers probably waited for Vista. Now Vista is out, and they're buying. Other people could similarly be still waiting for Leopard. Apple should maybe begin to worry if the numbers continue to decline after Leopard's released.

What i would be more worried about is the number of mac users on this board. most of the time when i check i notice that the Mac board has been dormant. we need to galvanize support brethren!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom