New Computer Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes hes right. I would invest 30-40 bucks in some good aftermarket case fans as well to help cooling as it doesn't come with any 80mm for the 4 side areas and the 120mm probably could be replaced with better.

I'm not a fan on the CM Stackers really as I prefer the Thermaltake armor or a Gigabyte Aurora as a Full sized and the Antec Nine Hundred as a mid tower.

The Stackers are amazing cases but they just are too much and don't look cool enough for my taste.

The stacker case has alot of places for fans, which is why I like it. It is a bit plain, but the cooling is above all else. I looked at the other 2 cases you suggested, but couldn't find one with as many fans, maybe I missed one.

Also, what fans do you suggest for the case?

I will be going with an EVGA 8800 video card, but which one in particular would you suggest?

You also posted elsewhere that intel will be releasing a new cpu ("Kuma and the Agena"). Will these be LGA 775 socket? What price range will they be in?

Get the eVGA non-overclocked version. The overclocked version is pretty much a marketing scam.

I'm not too sure on the fans but I always hear Yate Loons are good.

Kuma and Agent are not Intels. They are AMDs and therefore are not LGA775. Don't worry about them right now unless you want to wait a few months on something that might not even be too great.

What resolution are we playing at here? An 8800GTS is very powerful and should max every game out right out right now at 1600x1200 (Doom 3 is a very easy game to max...can be done with a $100 card)

The GTX doesn't have nearly as good of Price/Performance as the GTS. I would get the 8800GTS 320 card for right now and then upgrade later on down the road when you feel you need to.

Yes the Corsair 520HX will handle any single card out right now.

Ok, if you say it will max everything, i'll go with Newegg.com - EVGA 640-P2-N827-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO HDCP Video Card - Retail

That just leaves the case fans. Will need enough good ones for the COOLER MASTER Stacker. Suggestions? You suggested other cases, but didn't see one with the same amount of fan spaces for cooling or the same amount of cooling, did I miss any?

I also read that tuniq is heavy and noisy, is this true? Are there any better ones or do you still recommend it?

Also, need suggestions on an LCD monitor. I would like a 20' one, but other close sizes would be ok too.

With how much you are spending on the build. Getting only a 20" monitor seems cheap and unfair to your system lol.

You should get at least 24" widescreen or more for that beast.

That video card is fine and will handle games great.

For case fans I'm not exactly too sure...Just look for fans with High CFM and low DBA...

The Tuniq Tower may be heavy...but just as heavy as all of the other coolers so why would it matter. As far as noisy thats wrong to say becuase it comes without a fan on it...you have to add your own fan which is what would cause the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom