Finally getting a tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfc469

Daemon Poster
Finally getting a tablet for college(Computer Engineering at NCSU)

I've been looking at tablet PC's for a long time now. I'm going to NCSU next year for computer engineering and I figure I will want to take a lot of notes, which is where the tablet part comes in. Since I am better at keeping myself organized on my computer than with binders, I figured this was the way to go.

Here is the one I think I'm going to go with: Gateway Computers: Mid & Large Business - Product Details for Gateway® M285-E

I'm not going to get Vista on it because there isn't a Vista Tablet version. With XP, there is(XP Tablet 2005.) Is this a mistake?

The only thing that I am concerned about is the video card. I am going to get it with a ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 64MB(up to 256MB HyperMemory), 945PM Chipset. What exactly is HyperMemory and will this be able to run games like HL2? It's fine if they are on the lowest setting. It's got a 14 inch wide screen, so I'm good to go there.

I will be upgrading this system to Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz and 2GB RAM along with a 120GB HDD.

Here is a really nice review on it: Gateway M285 Convertible Tablet PC Review

Please don't try to talk me out of getting a tablet, because I've made up my mind on that part.

What do you guys think?
Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom