Speaker Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

smalls0224

Baseband Member
Okay, I have a 5.1 Logitech z640 that I've used for the past 2.5 years and I have no problems with it. I just received a Bose Companion 3 system from a friend and now I have a problem.

I know that Bose is the leader in sound quality but I was wondering exactly how much better it would sound. I would be going from a 5.1 system to a 2.1 system and I use my computer for music a lot. Granted the speakers aren't placed in the best position, i.e. the rear speakers are not actually behind me

I then thought to use the Bose system for my TV speakers but I get this barely audible, but still annoying, high pitch feedback, even when the TV is not using its own speakers. This may be due to how the Bose system is supposed to be set up. It connects with 1 cable, i.e. a mini jack cable, like the one used for headphones that I had to connect with a Mini jack adapter to get to stereo cables. Would I be better off using the Logitech z640 with my TV, it came with an adapter and uses the standard video card cables, i.e. pink and green with the adapter.

The only reason I ask is because it is a lot of work to unhook my entire speaker system and move it around so I would prefer if I'm better off without switching to not have to move it.

I apologize for the long post and thank anyone for their help.

Bose will sound like a 7.1 system even with only two speakers. Ive tested them at my because one customer wanted to test how it sounded so we went to the training room which was fairly huge, about twice the size of a normal living room. We plugged in the bose speakers the 2.1 sets and wow, it sounded amazing even at low volumes.

These are the ones we tested......

http://www.compusa.com/products/pro...mpanion_3_Multimedia_Series_II_Speaker_System

CompUSA.com: Bose Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System - 40326 - Accessories » Speakers

The second one sounded better and more responsive.

Bose will sound like a 7.1 system even with only two speakers. Ive tested them at my because one customer wanted to test how it sounded so we went to the training room which was fairly huge, about twice the size of a normal living room. We plugged in the bose speakers the 2.1 sets and wow, it sounded amazing even at low volumes.

These are the ones we tested......

CompUSA.com: Bose Companion 3 Multimedia Series II Speaker System - 40279 - Accessories » Speakers

CompUSA.com: Bose Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System - 40326 - Accessories » Speakers

The second one sounded better and more responsive.

Bose is not the leader in sound quality. Small speakers can't produce every frequency and for that, I hate Bose with a passion. There are many things that do not add up with Bose, but I'm not going to get into that.

I've heard those speakers and they sound pretty good, but if I were you, I would not pay $250 for it. I would get it used.

Oh and by the way pinoy3000, sorry to say but only a 7.1 system will sound like a 7.1 system. There is no way you can get 7.1 effects from a 2.1 system.

I love my Klipsch 2.1's they sound like a 6.1 with only 2 speakers. Im very impressed by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom