Memory question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z400ryder87

Beta member
Hi everyone, im new here and have a question. I have a Dell Dimension 8200.. its like 4 years old i think. It only has 256mb of ram and i'd liek to upgrade it to 1gb, but i dont know wat memory card to get. heres some info i found about my computer.
Memory

Architecture
RDRAM

Memory connectors
four

Memory capacities
64-, 128-, 256-, and 512-MB non-ECC RDRAM

Minimum memory
128 MB

Maximum memory
2 GB with Microsoft® Windows® 2000 and Windows XP; 512 MB with Windows Millennium Edition (Me)

Memory type
PC800 (non-ECC)

Memory speed
40 ns or faster

BIOS address
F8000h

Now, could i get just a 1gb card. or would i need 2 512s? And i cant find a card anywhere that says its for PC800, does it matter if i dont get one that says that? Sorry im just a idiot when it comes to this stuff :freak: lol

You need RAM that will fit, so you would need PC800. Newegg has one stick of 256MB of PC800 for 140 bux. Which is very unreasonable. Like saltynay said, its time for a new computer. If you really want to stick with the one you've got you could try looking on the Dell website for that type of RAM, it seems like its there own format, so there might be more cheaper results there.

If I were you, I would save up my money and get a new comp, like everyone said. RDRAM is just so ridiculously overpriced, and so is Dell.

Blah that really sucks...i guess ill just save and get a new one. Whats up with those barebones ones can you buy them that you can plug it in and go? or would i have to add something to it to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom