Want to upgrade to Quad Core from my E6400, how much difference will it make for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Want to upgrade to Quad Core from my E6400, how much difference will it make for

this is probably something very obvious, but could it be a driver issue?

Re: Want to upgrade to Quad Core from my E6400, how much difference will it make for

There is no way a C2D at 3.2ghz is going to destroy the performance of an 8800GTS...it has to be something else.

As J up there stated it may be a driver issue as well. Are you running 64-bit or Vista? Or eek both?

King$nake, something is wrong. I am running nascar racing 2003 season on extremly high detail and in 1600x1200 and the ingame framrates with all 43 cars being drawn, and my car can be in all that traffic, and still get around 50 frames....that is also using high resolution carsets.

Your performance should be better than mine.

Your CPU is clocked higher than mine, and your video card is better.

Im using corsair xms2 pc 800 memory @ 4-4-4-12
I can't imagine this should make much difference.

About NR2003, I also have a 22" Widescreen monitor at 1680x1050 8X AA, Max Detail, and I get about 150fps on the track by myself, but in traffic i average about 35-50, with the MasGrafx 2006 Hi-Res Carset

About NR2003, I also have a 22" Widescreen monitor at 1680x1050 8X AA, Max Detail, and I get about 150fps on the track by myself, but in traffic i average about 35-50, with the MasGrafx 2006 Hi-Res Carset

Okay, that sounds better. Where do you get your slow downs that you were talking about?

If you are talking about when you get the 35 frames instead of the 50 frames, that can easily be made up in the settings.Decrease the draw distance on large tracks and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom