New Computer Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL motherboards have problems.. Even the $350 Striker (which just so we're clear is a big no-no.) And I don't know which reviews you've been reading, but don't take Newegg reviews with anything more then a grain of salt. 95% of Newegg reviewers are clueless. Read reviews by pros from sites like AnandTech and sites like that. I will guarantee you that no sensible pro review won't have any cons for any board. The DS3, P5B-E, P5B-Deluxe, P6N etc. are all some of most widely used and praised by people that know what they're doing.

The Tuniq Tower is one of the favorites. Thermaltake Big Typhoon, Scythe Infiniti/Ninja are some other. The Zalman 9700 also looks awesome but will offer a tiny bit less cooling then others I've mentioned.

Again, you would be better off with the 520W Corsair and make sure you have some nice speakers or headphones for that sound card :).

Edit: Posted a few seconds after your last one... Doom3 will max easily. Piece of cake for that system. And make sure the hard drives you get are Seagate Barracudas with 16mb cache. Most people prefer Seagates to other brands.

since your willing to give 200$ to Intel, forget the e6600 and buy an 8800 GTS or GTX (quit helping rich Intel, and help yourself play games!!)

I will be getting the e6600, done and decided. You listed several other cpu cooling fans besides the Tuniq Tower, but it looks the best, am I right? So i'll be going with the Tuniq Tower. Also, I am getting a 8800 video card. There are several with 8800 I noticed, so which one exactly would you recommend? I am going with the Corsair 520HX power supply.

I do have nice 5.1 logitech speakers. :)

Keep the 6600 at that budget and yes the TT 120 is pretty much the best I think...there are others such as the Gemini II and Thermalright 120 Plus but they are not very standard...TT 120 is plenty.

I would recommend EVGA always for cards but other companies such as XFX are good as well.

Ok, I will get an EVGA one. All that is left is the MB. Deciding between the ones you have listed. Would like gigabyte or asus though.

You said doom 3 max settings no problem. Im not sure whats the newest, highiest most system demanding game is right now, but it could max whatever it is with no problem too?

Doom 3 is outdated and sub 100 video cards can max it. Yes with that card most games will fall to the mercy of it and just destroy them.

The DS3 and P5B-E are very similar really while the P5B-E is made of a little higher quality parts and supports more RAID. I would probably go with a P5B-E with that build but they are so similar it's all preference.

Ok, I will go with the P5B-E. Slightly better parts and easy raid0.

Case: CoolerMaster Stacker 832
Motherboard: Asus P5B-E
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600
CPU Cooling: Tuniq Tower 120
Hard Drive: 2x 7200 - Raid0
Video Card: EVGA 8800GTX
Sound Card: X-Fi XtremeGamer
Power Supply: Corsair 520HX
Ram: G.Skill 2GB (1gbx2) DDR2-800 HZ

Do I have it all right? This is THE gaming computer.
I checked the best I could for compatibility issues. It all looks good to me. The MB will fit in the case, the video (being BIG), sound cards and power supply too and the cpu fan on the cpu. Please check me on this.

Thanks for all the help, kept me from making costly mistakes. I'm glad I found this place and will come here for help alot more. Friendly and helpful people.

Thank you for all your help. Everything seems like it will fit and work together. I plan on going with xp pro, any thoughts on vista? I want xp pro since everything will work with it. I have no idea with vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom