New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand that 64 bit and Vista both have extremely bad driver support right now and aren't recommended by anyone..I would stick with an old copy of Windows XP 32-bit until 64 bit and vista are supported better..and I mean A LOT better.

The parts you have changed too are all high quality parts.

This is my first build, so all I have is a Compaq Operating System CD that came with my Presario 2500 Laptop. This is NOT the recovery disk, so would I be able to use it?

I'm not to sure but I just suggest download a copy off a torrent and using the old CD key to be safe. This process is completley legal as you payed for that key.

I um ehem found XP Pro SB2 at a *cough* good *cough* price and didn't pay a dime for broken software.

I forgot to mention I did have it installed on an older computer, but I took it off because the 30 days to register ran out, and I didn't get to calling Microsoft. Do you think that if I use that cd and call them that they will give me a key?

you could run it now and it would tell you your product key that you are using right now on that computer so yea.

When I do upgrade from that to Windows Vista will I have to buy an upgrade version or can I use an OEM version? Also, if I have to use an upgrade version will I be able to use 64-bit even though the XP Cd was 32-bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom