Put ice in foil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh why thank you for the correct term Ste....i'm an air colling only guy so I don't know the terms and I've always wondered what phase change was. Heh

I too prefer air cooling. It seems almost like I'm afraid of too drastic a temperature change.

+1

ive never really liked the idea of water INside my case...could care less for it. i mean one bad manufacturing defect in a hose or block, or a rad with a bad solder, and POOSH....ZZZZZZT....and its $1,500 and 3 weeks away from playing your favorite video game again.

i perfer to stick to the basic fan cooling. my most favorite trick: get a cardboard box, cut a hole in it, or 2, get some dryer duct and a 24" box fan, but the box on the output end of the fan, route the exhaust hoses from the box to the front intake on the pc and the other right onto the heatsink for the cpu...only thing to watch for is when the zipties break and the cardboard goes flying. i need to add more ducts, lol.

(i do this to PC2 in my sig, it overheats...badly, on just all fans on and cpu fan, idle, the cpu reaches about 45C, and the case temp gets about the same. there is just no cooling it off. but as soon as that fan gets turned on, the whole bedroom temp rises about 5F...funny really, when its cold i just turn that pc on and open the side panel. its not a problem with the fan setup, just the cpu has a 40mm fan on it...stock from gateway. might get a p4 for it and a asus chilly vent lux)

IVe got a new idea why dont you take the ice machine from a fridge and place that above your cpu covered with foil which im sure is a risk in its self at short-circuiting the mobo and that way you dont have to keep opening the case up just press the cup duct every 20 minutes :D home-made phase change cooling system :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom