More questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
~~PERIPHERALS~~
I plan on having 4 case fans (The side, front, rear, and a top I plan on adding), the HSF, the front lights, and a front panel that will need a power connector, as well.

~~MAINBOARD~~
...This one's obvious, but I plan on using the GigaByte GA-965P-S3, and I'm not sure if it has a fan connector on it; What is the 4-pin CPU port on the mobo for? Is it for the CPU itself, or for the HSF?

~~SATA/PCI-E/FLOPPY~~
I plan on starting with an SATA HDD, and an SATA Optical Drive, and adding another SATA HDD later on, and probably a DVD-R/W Drive;

I don't think I'll be upgrading my Vid. Card until the GeForce 8 series gets a few price drops, and I don't think I'll be doing SLI.

1 Floppy drive is all I need, just for BIOS flashing and drivers and such.

Which case are you getting?

The 4pin CPU is for the HSF. My Biostar 965PT has two 3 pin connectors on the motherboard so I imagine that yours will have at least one. If you can get a board that has at least 2 3-pin connectors on the mobo then you can hook two of the Case fans up through that and that leaves you 6 connectors

Then you use 4 more for the case in general, and 2 would be converted to more SATA connectors thus giving you a total of 4 SATA for all of the HD's and DVD drives.

This would work ONLY if you have 2 3 pin mobo connectors for 2 case fans which even my $105 Biostar 965PT has.

I'm getting the XION II XION-103.

Also, according to a review, the Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 has 1 fan connector (in addition to the HSF connector). However, I fail to see it. If you could give me the general location of it, according to this picture, I would be much obliged.

EDIT: Also, if at all possible, I'd like to use the one that you first suggested, not sure if I already said this.

i believe the fan connector is at the bottom center, immediately to the right of the red line pointing up to the pci-e slot, between said red line and the black fdd connector and the hsf is the white 4-pin directly above black fdd connector.

I have the Xon-102 which is the Blue/Gray and yes it is a good case.

I use Biostar 965PT which I said has 2 Case fan connectors but thats becuase I don't need RAID like the S3 supports.

The Xon's use only one connector for the front LED light so in that case...

Your PSU will have 6 connectors sooo....

3 for Case fans
2 for DVD drives
1 for the XION Light on the front.

then you use 1 connector on the mobo for the last case fan.

Yes if you use that Xclio I posted then you will have enough to run it everything.

EDIT: Thanks Nagasama man...he's right. The Single 3-pin fan connector on that board is right above the Black FDD connector. I was looking and I could NOT find it haha. Nice one there man ;)

And yes You will be able to use the cheaper one that I have stated.

That looks like it might be it, or could it be the power connector at the top left? the Black or Red ones might be it...

EDIT: Okay, thanks Sora and Nagasama!

So, for the people that have said it's possible to run a computer with two PSUs, exactly how do you turn them both on, since only one of the 24pin connectors can be plugged in at a time? I know you can jumpstart the second PSU with a clip, but isn't that too much of a hassle? I don't see how one could run a dual PSU system practically.

The 24 pin connector is only for powering the mobo...as long as the PSU is plugged into the wall it gets power. Then you can connect whatever else you need to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom