0x80004005 - what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoerb

Baseband Member
just recently i started receiving an error on start up. when windows xp home shows the welcome screen, an error pops up saying windows isnt activated and asks me if i want to activate it. it also has other errors such as error code 0x80004005 or something about cant create value line 422. how can i fix this? thanks

i have already previously activated windows, and have been running xp for almost a year, then this error just shows up one day. i havent changed any hardware.

I am having the same problem. It started all of a sudden. I am thinking it may have something to do with the Direct X update that I downloaded from microsoft.com

I have re-activated Win XP several times over the last few days & the problem seems to get more & more severe. I'm considering un-installing the update. If I do this, I will post my findings.

zoerb
I removed the Hotfix for Direct X 9.0 & my problems seemed to have cleared up. I believe if you'll remove that update, you should be good. Good luck!

thank goodness the Dir X 9.0 fix didn't affect win 2000 like it did your xp......not gloating, just thankful....

This is actually a new virus that infects the boot sector. Run a virus scan on your system. A good tool that detects this is the free BitDefender anti-virus program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom