Building a(nother) pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here we go again. one of my dads freinds wants a pc. he gave my dad 1,500 for it, and said amd, 2gb, 250GB+, and he got 7900GT, and wants to run SLI. so i got what he wanted and more. didnt want to go overboard, because whatever is leftover i can have.

TT Matrix case - 85.99

MSI K9N SLI Platnium - 122.99

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor - 119.99

Thermaltake 120mm CPU Cooler - 50

PQI Turbo DDR800 2gb (1gb x 2) - 155.99

Hiper 580W Modular - 90

WD 320GB sata 3.0gb/s - 84.99

ASUS 18X DVD Burner - 31

19" widescreen - 200

Microsoft Ergonomics keyboard - 43

Logitech G5 - 46

so i dont want to rip him of eg: get him a $200 pc and keep the rest. i want him to tell people about me, because im somewhat runnin a pc modding/repair shop, just need people to spread the word, cause im litteraly running it out of my bedroom. i got 4 pc's set up and 3 monitors, so i need to get another monitor, im getting tired of moving the monitors acrost the room lol. (2 are mine other 2 im fixing) so does this sound good? im savin up too for a shelf demo pc also, so yea, this might be the one i want to build for the demo just throw in some liquid cooling....speaking of...any ideas?

pretty sure he has this, dunno tho, my dad aint that good of a message repeater, a xp2200+ the 754 one and 512mb with a 20gb hdd. so he is outdated, need to get him up to date.

looks good, u got sli ready PSU, compatible memory, will u be able to OC' this thing, cuz you can get some serious bang for the buck if u do

Athlon 64 X2 4600+ for $119.99 only !!! What the **** is that ? !!! I remember that it was priced about $180 last time !!

hells yea, i guess the prices are dropping all over, i remember when 2gb of GOOD ram used to be almost 300, now its what, like 175? thats good. hdd's dropped too. i cant wait until the R600 tho, i am a total nvidia/amd guy, but i guess i might end up being a AMD/ATI guy...lol

at least i dont think intel is gonna buy nvidia any time soon. if they did...wow i would go ati, but i guess intel is like microsoft: its there, you are gonna use it eventually, so get over it (even tho i like amd's more efficent design)

ok, my bad just called him, he has a 7600GT, so heres the question:

what would have more power, two XFX 7600GT's in SLI or a single 7900GT or a 7900GS and still be cost efficent? the price dropped on a few of the parts, its about $972.83 plus shipping and taxes now.

how would they compare? and what is the performance to price ratio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom