Newbie overclock help

Status
Not open for further replies.
domwells said:
the pci bus speed doesnt lock on that motherboard does it? could that be the problem?

I hate motherboard companys that pull stuff like that off. Overclockable hardware sells much better than locked garbage.

Well, once again i am trying to overclock this processor and once again i have failed. With a small increase from 200FSB to 220FSB it fails to boot. It is not the power supply because i replaced it with a 480watt antec. It seems to boot normally and i can open the CD trays and everything in the computer seems fine but i get no video. Would memory timings affect whether it would boot or not. What about a PCI latency timer (currently set to 64, but ranges from 32,64,96,128,160,192,224,248) what about PCI Delay Transaction. Is is something with the video card Radeon 9800XT. it frustrates me because i have seen multiple web pages with people succesfully overclocking my setup to 2.4Ghz and beyond with stable results...and i can't get mine a tad past 2.1

i have

Stock is 1.5
i have tried 1.5, 1.525, 1.550, 1.575, and 1.6 i stopped there for fear of hurting the processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom