X800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyNaStY336

In Runtime
I read that switching from my current Nvidia video card to the X800 pro video card that it would be best for me to reformat my hard drive to get great performance. Can i reformat my drive and not have to completely reinstall windows? the reason i ask this is because I have an HP and since it came with windows installed i dont have a seperate copy to re-install.

i read over on nvnew.net that some guys switching between ati and nvidia were getting crappy benchmark scores even after completely removing drivers from the previous card but as soon as they reformatted the scores rose by large margin.

Wartorment said:
It's not the drivers, it's the fact that their HDD's were probably cluttered up with stuff.

What you said is actually the truth, infact it was probably leftovers from nVidia drivers that are either impossible or just really really hard to find and delete.

You know, from what i heard about the original Detonator drivers, nVidia made them hard to get rid off and prevent other people from installing other video cards properly.:)

No you can not. When you reformat your harddrive that completely erases everything and deletes your old partition and creates a new one. Just do it will make your computer faster just back up your files on cd.

Whenever i upgrade bits on my comp i always reformat my drive. Once i installed a new chip and my windows completely crashed out the next time i tried to load it and wouldnt work again. (better safe than sorry)

And if you ring the place where you got your computer from, they should be able to provide you with some sort of a copy of windows (like a recovery CD or something). That way you can just backup all your stuff onto CD and reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom