Computer overheating....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric5000

Baseband Member
Hey guys.
Lately my computer just started to overheat! When I finished getting off the computer I realized my cpu was at 50+ c that's about 130 degrees f! The power supply was burning up! My hard drives were blazing! So I turned it off- then turned it on the next day and it quickly got up to about 40c!! So then I played a game for like 5 minutes while waiting for my lan to connect, then I got off and it was blazing again! Then the tempature went down really fast! I'm thinking it's my integrated video card... (?) What do you guys think? If so- should I send this motherboard back (it's only 2 weeks old) or should I just try getting a new video card? I don't want a motherboard that may have more severe problems in the future!

-Eric

Wow that was really confussing uhm... answer monsters' questions and we'll try to fix ya, if you have an AMD chip, it's typical to be 50-55C and are you saying that the hard drive were 40C? That would suck heh.. A game can bring your temps up in the time it takes to load the game basically, and after exiting the game, they can drop nearly as fast.

ok

I have a Pentium. Yes I know it's typical for the heat to go that much on AMD's though. But what concerns me is after I shut it down then turned it on the next day the heat was still climbing to 40c. I don't know the tempature to my hardrives and typically the 40gig gets hotter than the 20gig- but it still was REALLY hot!!

-Eric

Huh?
Oh yeah I also forgot- I have 1 chasis fan, one tower fan (same thing) and one pci slot type fan that sucks out all the hot air from the computer.

-Eric

thats ur problem. You need to get more fans. Is that chassis fan a exhaust or intake? I would reccomend getting 2 or 3 more fans.

agreed, and also 40c for anything isn't too much to worry about, I still don't know if you're talking about the hard drive or the cpu, but either way they're both perfectly fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom