Do I need Full Windows Version to boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerfootball05

In Runtime
I want to reformat my Hard Drive to get rid of any excess garbage on it but that hard drive currently has my operating system installed on it. I have Windows on my computer now but i lost the boot disc I once had, so I want to get another copy before I reformat. I can get a copy of XP Professional Upgrade Edition for very cheap but i'm not sure if I'll be able to use it to boot up my computer if I reformat my Hard Drive. Will I be able to boot from XP Upgrade Edition if I choose to reformat or will I have to get a copy of the Full Version? Thanks!

To be able to make a fresh install with an upgrade disk, you'l need a windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, or XP home disk. It will ask for it during the installation.

You can get rid of a lot of the software garbage you are talking about by going to start > setting > Control Panel > Programs. You can then pick what software to keep and what software to get rid off.

When done, defragment your computer - - this option will organize files on your computer and make them faster to access. Ask if you need more help.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom