USB 2.0 version problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
hey, my mother has a dell dimension 2400 2.4ghz celeron late last summer her dell crashed windows had major error and knocked out the pc's hardware for about 3 minutes. the pc reboots and windows repaired itself and the hardware accept for the USB. I told XP pro to give back the drivers to the 4 usb ports, later its working great..... however though it had reslapped the usb ports to version 1.1 . My mother lost the drivers for the dell dimension 2400 in clutterd up room..... I say screw it and I'll fix it later, well I orderd scanner for her PC and it will be here tomorrow at 3:45pm I have until 7:15am tomorrow to fix the usb problem and get it back to version 2.0 if not the scanner will not function at all..... newegg.com and my cousin told me it will not run at all if it doesn't have the right juice to power it up. also this scanner is a brand new CANON canoscan. any help would be good. thanks

i had a similar problem so i went to Control Panel--> System--> hardware--> Device Manager--> Universal Serial Bus Controlers--> Double click one of the usb ports--> Driver--> Update driver. then go through that wizard and it should update the driver to 2.0 standards.

try it and see

Thanks for the help I don't know why I didn't think to do that. also xp windows update must have downloaded new drivers for the usb port before I shut it down do to cpu problems it caused her and me.

appreciate it player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom