New Computer Pics 56k Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
What monitor are you using bro? How is it in terms of backlight bleeding, etc?

Wow, I'm happily surprised to see this thread resurrected so many times. Anyways, The monitor is a SAMSUNG 225BW Black 22" found here:

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 225BW Black 22" 5 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with Height Adjustments 280 cd/m2 700:1 - Retail

He got it at Comp USA for $250 after a $150 rebate. The monitor seams good to me. The only problem I can see is a little bleeding on the edges when its displaying black. Other then that, its a great monitor that I would recommend to anyone for the price.

Hey JumpingBean I almost have the same thing as you do. I have:

same case
same mobo
dvd burner
e4300
seasonic s12 600W
evga 8800gtx
thermalright ultra 120

My question is this is my 1st time building a pc by myself. In what order should I start putting everything together?Thanks.

Hey JumpingBean I almost have the same thing as you do. I have:

same case
same mobo
dvd burner
e4300
seasonic s12 600W
evga 8800gtx
thermalright ultra 120

My question is this is my 1st time building a pc by myself. In what order should I start putting everything together?Thanks.

For this build and all builds, I lay out all the parts and make sure everything is there. I like to make sure that all the packaging and instructions that come out, go right back in the boxes when in case you have to send something back. With that said, I first mounted the CPU on the motherboard and seated the ram. Next, I opened up the case and put the power supply and motherboard pegs in (install the option top fan if you have room). I then put the motherboard followed by the dvd and hard drive. I connected all the power, motherboard, and data wires. Lastly I put the 8800GTX in and connected it. I put it in last because depending on where you mount your hard drives, you wont be able to put the GPU in. Thats all there is too it. post here or PM me if you have any further questions.

Should I install Optional motherboard fan? It says "For use in junction with Passive Cooler or Water Cooler ONLY" I don't have water cooler but I am not sure what is passive cooler. By the way I can't PM you for some reason :(

Hey Jumping Bean, how much are your temps idle for that e6600? I am running pcwizard2007 and I get the following for e4300:

Processor: 32C
Processor temp core1:22C
Processor temp core2:21C
Mainboard temp: 36C
Power?Aux temp:124.5C
Hard Disk temp: 30C

I have the same heatsink as yours and someone on another forum told me my idle temps were too high. I have the same case as yours as well.

CoreTemp software shows the following temps:

Tjunction: 100C
Core#0: 42C
Core#1: 39C

up up up up up

It gets about 39 -41 idle and 49-52 load. Pretty **** hot if you ask me. I was going to remount the CPU cooler but never got around to it. I'd like the temps to be around 40-45 tops. This thread should not be resurrected again as its very old. If you have anymore questions please PM me.

Heh i wont be resurrecting it by telling you that 52 is not hot. C2D's are fine at higher temps. Most will agree that anything under 60 is perfectly safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom