DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

kesava8@hotmail.com

Beta member
Every time I start up Windows I get the following message.

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32:\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

RTHDCPL.EXE is the program that is stuffing up because of this malfunction. I looked up the exe on the web and found that it was the Realtek HD Control Panel.

I am running Windows Xp, Sp2 and am wondering if anyone can help me to fix this error. If I take off realtek hd control panel would that be alright? or might the DLL be useful for other programs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank,

I got this error as well, after I did the most recent XP update... I just did a system restore to an earlier time, and the error doesn't come up anymore. I made a topic here about the same thing, but nobody has replied in it either =\. I'd just say do a system restore to an earlier time (before the update) and that should fix the problem, until one is resolved.

Before I do something like like a system restore, I might try removing the update. because I just recently installed an update too. I looked on microsoft.com at the specific update and it said that this was a known issue. So I will now uninstall it and see if that works

Could you please give a link to the page on MS's site,so I could do some reading up on it as well? Thanks =).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom