Need help with Crazy gamer PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go with the patriot set of memory - awesome price after rebate.

How about some dual screen LCD monitors ...yeah!

[...]
single GTX 10751 on 3dmark 06
single GTX 8769 on 3dmark 06
huge difference.

You did mean GTS on the second line, right? If that's so, then it's a 22.6% increase in performance, quite a lot, but you pay 54% for it! ($370 for GTS, $570 for GTX). As you can see, it's really not cost-effective.

Yeah that's what I meant. I was just saying that since he has the money he should do it as it's quite a difference.

It's true that it isn't cost effective but the 8800GTX is as stated the best way to increase frames for "gaming" so if you have excess money and it's a "gaming pc" then you might as well go for it. However I agree that an 8800GTS is a very good choice right now regardless and you can always upgrade again when the Price/Performance ratio is as good.

kee-rist fellas since when is anything any of us wants cost-effective...?
it is interesting the way meithan breaks it down like that, dollars versus performance increase.
i can build the exact same rig now for about 2/3 what it cost me to build it a few months ago. lmfao.
thats not a very wise investment...
but who cares? hehehehehehehehehehe.....
by end of the year i will have done it (perhaps twice) again.

I would go with a E6600 Due and Gigabit motherboard puts out a resonable priced motherboard. Defiantly go with 2 gigs of Ram kingston puts out good memory memory you can never have enough. 512 video card and creative off board sound card.

DONT GET INTEL AMD all the way i have used both in multiple computers amd is far more stable and a better chip for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom