Athalon XP 2400+ 2Ghz Running as Athalon XP 1800+ 1.5 Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I just check the system information sections of Norton Systemworks, and this is what is said for my processor:

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+ 1.5 GHz

It should say this:

AMD Athalon(tm) XP 2400+ 2.0GHz

This is very new, and I havent the sluightest clue as to what it may be. Listed below are my system specs. Incase it makes a difference, my BIOS is American Megatrends.

Please help, for this is a problem that I cannot even begin to solve on my own.

Thank You
-Bones

Your FSB is set wrong (100*15 = 1500, 133*15 = 2000).

Go into your BIOS setup and set your processor to the correct model or manually set the FSB to 133, with the multiplier set at 15.

I was going to suggest the same thing about your FSB being defaulted to 100. your CPU frequency should be set at either 133 or 166. I think martin is right, I'm pretty sure the xp2400 is 266Mhz FSB too so 133 sounds right

I'm not sure what kind of mother board it is, I cant find te book or the box to it. I know about the multiplier setting, although I should have said I already tried that (133 x 15) and my monitor and keyboard would both stop working. I would have to then pull the battery and then restore my defaults, because, as I previously stated, I dont have the book and I'm not sure which jumper is the BIOS reset one. I dont know what to do. Also, I have Systemworks, and I checked the system info, and under bus types: PCI, ISA, USB...??? I DONT have ISA.

And in regard to the being cheated, it's not so. I built this computer with my school, and I do know stuff, and Ihad it at one time in this computer as the AMD Athalon xp+2400 runnning at 2 GHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom