AGP Video Card on PCI bus?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
Here's the deal. I recently acquired an Nvidia GeFroce FX5200 128 mb VC, but, to my dismay, it was fried when I put it into my computer. Damn. I noticed it was fried cuz of the severe lack in performance of my computer, and a few other numerous things. One of the big ones was that it said it was on the PCI bus. Told me immediately, so I pulled it and put my old one back in (MSI GeForce MX440 64mb). But now, after installing the new drivers downloaded from nvidia.com, it still says the old card is on PCI bus. I know there is nothign wrong with this card, and I know the other one was fried cuz of the way I transported it and people had handeled it. SO my wuestion is this; Why is my video card on PCI buz when it is suppose to be on AGP?! Listed below are my computer specs. I have fully updated Windows as well.

do you have onboard graphics as well? I dont think a computer would tell you a vpu is on a pci slot if it was not. Agp is brown (somtimes diff colors) and pci is white. Also do you have the pci,agp,ide lock on your mobo?

I do know about stuff, and it is an AGP. I dont know whether it is 4 or 8x though. I didnt try to put it into the PCI slot, I'm not a mo. I also dont know what kind of motherboard I have neither. If you read my other Topic posted about me Video Card, they are terribly too close to not be related problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom