removable usb drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
When i look at my computer, i can see "Removable Disk (J:) Removable Disk, i looked at its properties

used space 0 bytes
free space 0 byte

i think it becomes active when i stick my digital camera in, but if that is the case, why is the drive label still "active"

i am concerned, since i remember messing up a usb stick by romving it without stopping it a number of times.

ahhh.. i have a really bad prob. kinda similar.'

some **** kept pulling out and pushing in my cruzer mini 256 mg flash drive and now it says that i only have 2.3 megs left..... but nothings on it.

PLEASE HELP!

Al

i think it is my sony digital camera.
the shutdown sequence i go for is
left click "safely remove hardware"
choose the option.

turn of the sony digital camera and then disconnect its end of the cable from the sony digital camera.
i leave the other end connected to the computer

do you think this is the right sequence and this is what is causin the problem

before removing a usb drive u have to go its options and select remving usb drive which is called clean removing .By the way which os ur using .

by doing the "safely remove hardware", i thought i was removing the usb stick, at least that is what i do with my other usb drives

it is the green arrow over the grey block icon in the tray below.

i am using windows xp sp1

if you have 0 bytes left to write, i am guessing that the device is locked. look on the side of it and unlock it via a very little switch.

Its because you have it still plugged in, whether its the cable or a media reader with nothing in it. It will still show up "safely remove hardware" just deal with it or unless you want to unplug for no reason.

i finaly kind of fized my flash drive... i logged on as Admin(because Alistair was "running a proccess" from it or something so I couldnt eject it, and was able to format... now theres "nothing" on it, but it sayd i have 3 megs take up. What the ****?
but now i can safely remove it :)
thanks again everyone :)
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom