help with utorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
azureus is a lot better, i have tried both i originally used utorrent then went to azureus and havent gone back, or even wanted to go back for a sec

azureus is a lot better, i have tried both i originally used utorrent then went to azureus and havent gone back, or even wanted to go back for a sec

I'm with you. azereus is more of a resource hog, but it's faster
on my systems

If you have a router, and can access it (by typing in your IP into Internet Explorer and log into the admin account), go to PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall and select your router. Then application, and follow the instructions given.

One thing that can help is doing a speed test. Make sure there is no internet use at all (except you, obviously, but make sure you only have one window/tab open) when you do this. Go to Speakeasy - Speed Test and select the location closest to you. Post the results here.

You'll want to cap your upload, but i can't remember exactly how to find out your optimal number. I have my upload capped in Azureus at 1/10th my upload speed. Also, you'll want to limit the number of maximum torrents you can have going at once. Generally, this number is 3. If you have too many torrents going, your download speeds will be affected.

Awesome hijack guys.
The guy wants to get better speeds, and you ended up changing his client... Brilliant!

Shields, if you have a 2meg connection, 20kB/s upload (notice the big B, not little b) is all you are probably gonna get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom