Help:Perfect custom built computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

That looks real good right there. Don't skimp on the video card if your video editing.

The CPU controls video editing. Purchasing an 8800GTX is a waste unless you are gaming. If you are only working with 2D graphics, go with a Matrox or Quadro. For 3D, (new addition to CS3) go with a Nvidia Quadro.

Video card:
PNY Quadro VCQFX560-PCIE-PB-V FX 560 PCI Express 256MB GDDR3 Video Card at ZipZoomfly

Sound card:
E-mu Emulator-X Sampling System

Motherboard:
Asus P5B-Deluxe

CPU - E6600 (you can upgrade later since the price will come down - April 12th?)

PSU - Both Corsair PSUs are great.
Another great PSU:
Turbo-Cool 510 ASL Power Supply

Case:
Newegg.com - Thermaltake Soprano DX VE7000BWS Black 0.8mm SECC Chassis/ Aluminum Front Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Cooler:
Thermalright Ultra-120 for AMD Athlon 64, FX / X2 and Opteron or Intel Socket 775
Panaflo 120x38mm Ultra Quiet BX Model by NMB-MAT

Just a couple of comments for you. One is the 8800 GTX. If you go on EVGA, they have 3 different ones; standard, KOS ACS3, and Superclocked. check to see which one yours is; looks like the standard.
Two, this card is really big and having a Mid tower will be tight. I could not fit into my Dell Mid because the PCI slot was on top and the way the mobo was, the card was upside down and wouldn't fit. Still, I had to take out the CPU fan and angle the card just to get it to the slot. I would consider a full case.
Three, any reason why you yave 2 PSU? I can' think of why you would want 2 in the same machine. It is probably messing up your numbers too. Take that out and get another HDD. That way you will be able to RAID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom