Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
A few new members are asking about why their sig graphics aren't showing up, and about avatars. Has the regulations changed for these? What post count is now required for each?

I'm setting up the usergroups and promotions so that the custom avatars, and the sigs are advantages for posting users. For example, you need 40 posts before posting in the B/S/T forum. This will be similar.

The veteran users will have this soon.

Dave :D

An example is the promotions that will not be visible to users is the ability to access the B/S/T forum after 40 posts due to the promotion. After 250 posts, users will be able to have larger and animated avatars, plus some more characters in their sigs (not more area).

We'll be using the promotions system to provide more options to those that post around the forum (except for forums where the posts don't count like the OT).

More to come....

So... where are the limits of the sizes, and at what stages? Or is that still under construction? ;)

More info:

Registered Users (0 -39 posts):
  • Only forum provided avatars (currently being added)
  • Profile pic, 100x100 & 62k
  • Text only sigs
  • Forum titles
Registered Users Extra (40 - 249 posts):
  • Same as above
  • Custom avatars allowed, 80x80 & 20k
Registered Users Extra BST (100+ posts):
  • B/S/T forum available
Registered Users Extra 2 (250+ posts):
  • Same as above
  • Custom avatars allowed, 100x100 & 25k
  • Graphics and Text sigs allowed (according to the rules)
  • Custom forum titles.
There's more groups to be added, and more privileges to be added to the groups. Some, like those above, will be automatic promotions by post count. Some promotions may be by other criteria.

I hope that helps.

If a member joins the Folding team, would they have to wait until they hit 250+ posts before they can have the stats box and rank userbar? Or is that one of those groups you were talking about?

I know, I know... I'm full of trouble. ;)

More info:

Registered Users (0 -39 posts):
  • Only forum provided avatars (currently being added)
  • Profile pic, 100x100 & 62k
  • Text only sigs
  • Forum titles
Registered Users Extra (40 - 249 posts):
  • Same as above
  • B/S/T forum available
Registered Users Extra 2 (250+ posts):
  • Same as above
  • Custom avatars allowed, 100x100 & 25k
  • Graphics and Text sigs allowed (according to the rules)
  • Custom forum titles.
There's more groups to be added, and more

Dang.. I guess my sig will have to be changed soon.. Not to be a pain but is this the reason that the Avatar options have been removed from the user Cp?

Since I don't want to get an infraction for double posting, I am going to simply give you a link instead as I am currently not happy with you guys changing the rules just you can instantly revoke rights of users that are currently not obaying your new and updated rules.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f6/avatar-infaction-wtf-140239/

10405322_8237fcfa00.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom