First Build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oidammus

Beta member
Ok so this is my first attempt at a build...

HERE!

I am looking for any advice I can get... oh and this will also be the first pc ive owned that I plan on overclocking so any advice concerning the overclockability of this build will be helpfull as well... THANK YOU!!!

EDIT: upon closer examination I dont think the ram is compatible with the mobo... not sure though... the mobo says it only supports ram with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 and the ram says its 4-4-4... only problem is I cant seem to find 2gigs of ram thats a 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 that costs less than 300 lol.. any suggestions?

Can you give me a total budget? We may be able to help you revise it even better if you tell us.

The board that you have chosen in your wish list is a very good overclocking board though. The DS3 and P6N are just as good overclockers but the P5B-E is worth the extra money becuase of the quality of components. Still it's fine.

I would suggest G.Skill HK's over HZ's as they are known to overclock to about the same speeds and it would save you money. Still the HZ's are awesome so no problem there. I still would only get an E6300 as you would never notice the difference between 6400 and 6300 really...but once again that's just my preference.

You do know you need a nice CPU cooler right? Look for an Arctic Freezer Pro 7, Big typhoon, Scythe, Zalman, or the best pretty much a Tuniq Tower.

EDIT: Disregard the RAM at only 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 at 1.8v as the G.Skill DOES work with all of the boards in this thread as well as just about board....that was an old problem which was intels fault but has been fixed with BIOS updates.

yeah I knew I was going to have to buy a cpu cooler just wasnt sure on which one yet... but yeah I didnt want to spend more than 1500 prior to shipping...

EDIT: oh and I added a bit of cooling to the wishlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom