fan noise on a 7900gs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
Hey all, i just got an eVGA 7900gs ko today, and finally got it installed. I was just wondering if anyone else's card got kinda loud above 50C (atleast that seems to be the threshold for the fan). its unnoticeable when under 50C, however a little worrying above it.

Oh also what are some expected oc's for this thing?

Thanks.

I have an EVGA 7900GS KO and I don't think it's really that loud at all...my Apevia case fans are the loudest thing in my case and they are really only a low hum. You can use Riviatuner and turn down the fan at certain temps as 50's are nothing on a card. Mine never ever hits 60 and it's overclocked as well.

The expected overclocks for these things are around 600/800. I have mine at 615/845 and it funs great...heh 115mhz on the core overclock is quite nice and then it's actually 165mhz from a stock 7900GS really as the KO are overclocked already.

These things are overclocking monsters..

hmm i forgot about that.. lol

nice i got mine up to 600/780 earlier, but i don't think i pushed it to the max. do you have a volt-mod on yours, or is that stock? mine started artifacting pretty bad in ati tool, but it didn't look to bad in game.

That's what i've heard, im going to push mine as far as it'll go.

Mine is stock volts. Mine doesn't artifact horribly until 620mhz so that Why I leave it at 615. With a volt mod people have gotten theres to 700mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom