Vista overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
Does anyone know a program that will work to overclock my 7900gs with Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit?

Anyone? I tried using coolbits and Rivatuner but it tells me I have driver issues or something along those lines. Maybe my system drivers are screwed or something....hmm

It's not so much vista thats the problem for overclocking but rather 64-bit.

64-Bit OS does not seem to like the video card drivers that are given....as well as Vista doesn't take to it the best either.

It's hard to say what to do but I thinking you just may not be able to get to much out of your 7900GS in 64-bit.

Hey Reggie, are all Windows Vista Ultimate's 64-bit? Anyway though yeah I have been trying to overclock as well and so far I have had the same results. Rivatuner, coolbits, atitool, etc... All dont work. :(

EDIT-Powerstrip maybe? I will have to try that when I get back home tommorow night.

I'll give powerstrip a shot, I don't think it'll work but it's worth a try. You can get Windows Vista Ultimate in 32-bit versions and 64-bit versions.

it's not the fact that it's 64 bit..it's just that nvidia drivers don't support software overclocking in the OS right now.

Some have gotten ATItool to work....personally I just used nibitor and nvflash to flash the bios to my desired clock....and since the card itself is overclocked it's OS independent.

As I tried installing an overclocking application in Windows Vista, it can not store a virtual drive device, which is required to run the overclocking program, does anyone know what to do? Any program, without virtualisation? I also tried compartibility mode and the "run as administrator" option, but the same happened, when istalling it the monitor backround turns to blue and there are some incomprehensible sentences, which means a big error occured. After some weeks of updates, I'll try it again, or I'll try installing it from the Microsoft Virtual pc 2007, where already i established windows xp in a virtual machine, probably it will have a direct access.

Mike, from Greece, 14

I can not edit my signature!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom