Overclocking Sujestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
In a need to play Crysis at high settings, and only the Money to upgrade my GPU and not my CPU as well. I figured i could save money and spend £50 on a motherboard that will enable me to Overclock my E6300.

My Current setup is a Non O/C Enabled Gigabyte Mobo, 2GB PC 5300 RAM (2x1GB) and a X1950Pro.

What motherboard can you reccomend that you can overclock with that supports the C2D series, and 667MHZ (5300) ram. I Would prefer the brand to be ASUS, Gigabyte or any other good brand.

I would also be aiming to Overclock on Stock Cooling as i wont have the money to upgrade my cooling, the only additonal cooling in my case is a rear 12CM Exhaust fan and a CPU Duct. i currently cant OC my E6300, so when Idle and just under normal internet browsing it hovers between 12 Degrees C and 15 Degrees C, Measured using Lavalys Everest Ultimate.

So basicaly im asking, What Motherboard do you reccomend with the above stated requirements, and how much i'll be able to O/C it to, and keep it Stable under heavy usage like Gaming.

Thanks.

Consider ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, highly overclockable. You will require an aftermarket heatsink+fan such as Scythe Ninja Plus Rev.B or the like; or even water-cooler for better cooling.

Can i not overclock at all without Aftermarket Cooling ?

WTF !, Its £121 , i sed one for Under 50 ! :p.

In a need to play Crysis at high settings, and only the Money to upgrade my GPU and not my CPU as well.

My advice... Wait.. Crysis wont be out for a few months yet... get some money together and then buy quality parts.

Yeh i was going to do taht Phantom. Problem is.... thats how much money i think i willl have by then :(.

It depends on how much you wanna OC and your current idle/load temps. If your current temps are moderate, then aftermarket cooling is needed for your system to run stably otherwise you will have the system crashing/rebooting on you while playing games.

Remember to use Arctic Silver5 thermal compound.

What exact mobo do you have? Are you sure it has no overclocking features?

How much does the Gigabyte DS3 run there? I know it is fairly inexpensive here and is a great overclocker.

The DS3, P5N, P6N, P5B-E, even a Niostar P965 are all awesome overclocks and not as much.

Please invest in at least an Artic Freezer Pro 7 if you want to see pretty good OC's.

Yea...trying to overclock with a stock cooler is like jumping in the shower with your pants on. In order to get stability you will have to supply more voltage which means more heat. You will be limited by your temps because you will not be able to supply the necessary voltage to gain stability.

This is what EVEREST Ultimate says about temps, this is just normal internet browsing use.

CPU: 13 C
CPU #1/Core #1: 32 C
CPU #2/Core #2: 36 C

Should i be looking at the CPU or each Core temps... because if its CPU to my beleif 13 Degrees C is Low ?

O and also increasing the Volatge to my E6300 reduces its life expectancy AKA, it'll break/burnt out what ever you want to cool it, alot quicker than usual ?

The Gigabyte DS3 is £55 here :). But does it support full 1066Bus for the Core 2 Duo (I think its called that) and does it support 2GB RUnning Dual channel PC5300 '667mhz' RAM DDR2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom