Video card questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I compared 3 video cards and have a question on what the following terms mean:

Core clock, PixelPipelines, Memory Clock, Memory Size, Memory Interface, RoHS Compliant, Dual-Link DVI Supported,

I need a video card in hopes to improve:

1. (Maya)
  2. Photoshop
  3. Adobe Premiere Video Editing

Then of course I could probably use some special effects and video games. I was actually thinking of buying Vista but I don't really need it. But production is mainly the reason.

Here is the link to the comparison to which video card should I pick:
Click here

Also I currently have $145 to spare.

Which one would be more useful?

Buying ONE 512mb video card above
buy a 256mb video card with Dual DVI with a 1gb memory ram
Buy a 500gb harddrive

For editing you need more Ram so the video card doesn't really matter get 4x1gb (2xdual channel) wait for vista to release the service pack mid-autumn before buying. If you need the hdd space then you need the space make sure you get Seagate barracuda 7200.10.

Matt

Any of those vc you picked will do great for what you want. Those programs do not put that high of a demand on your vc.

Of those you listed, go with the XFX.

RAM will be your friend as far as those programs are concerned. The more the better.

acually for editing your gonna wanna a work startion card, cheapest those come is like $1k a pair. So ram it is

You don't need a workstation card....you can use a high-end gaming it's just that rendering will take more time.

I see. So if I buy the workstation card my video will render faster? I might buy it in the future and just stick to the video card right now.

Yes workstation cards are made for it so yes it will render quite a bit faster. If you are a serious video editor then you should look into the Quadro series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom