Help me on Upgrading, I am Clueless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Case I don't want anything fancy either(nothing really eye catching is needed).

Would this work - Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 532 RC-532-SKN1 Black Aluminum bezel, SECC chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Or Newegg.com - XION II XON-103 Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply - Retail
and Last - Newegg.com - APEVIA X-Dreamer II ATXB4KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply - Retail

If not what would you suggest in the $40-$60 Price Range on a Case. I am trying to save money to make sure the actual computer is better.

I have a 20.1" LCD Widescreen Monitor so nah Im covered there
I also already have mouse, keyboard and speakers.

For my OS I am thinking Windows XP Media Center Edition because I plan on using a TV tuner and I could easily use the Media Center to do my DVRing and all that stuff. Then again, Im not an expert on if there are other programs or software out there that are better for this. I'm scared at the thought of having to Install the OS. Is it hard to do?
So, you just need the box and the insides, plus an OS? Goody ^.^

First off, I'll put you to rest and say that if you know how to install a game, you probably know how to install an OS; There might be a few more steps involved. Check out this page of the Corsair System Build Report, continuing (and including) to the "Driver Installation" page.

If you need help building it, I'd read the whole guide; I found it very helpful.

As for the system, here's my list...
Wish list details

That's $35.92 over budget, but after mail-in's, you're only $0.92 over.

Do you NEED an OS? You mean your going to tell me you don't have at least one key laying around or that you cant use one from another computer? I mean you don't need vista right now or anything...I mean 109 bucks can go a LONG LONG way on a budget that short if you can cut the OS....i mean come on heh.

I have that exact same case in Gray/Blue and it is a nice case for the money however the cooler master for 50 bucks works just as well if not better.

Sora can I go the torrent route? If we need to speak of this otherplace please tell me. I currently have no actual install disc or keys actually. Sad as it sound.

I would love to save 109 on my OS. I don't want vista obviously :).

Any info how i can transfer it from my current CPU that it came installed on with no actual install disc to my new CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom