Getting all sorts of stop error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosox3

Baseband Member
It started yesterday, I was playing around on the computer and only downloaded magiciso.
I continued to play around. I shut down the computer and it hasnt been the same since.

When it 1st started back up..I got this:

Address 80410527 base at 80400000 datestamp 45069e6e - ntoskrnl.exe
IRQL not less or equal

I tried to get into safe mode but nothing.
I then tried last good config and it let me in...so I played around to what I thought would fix things..but when I restarted it again..it wont let me in either way now.

I popped in the W2k disk and tried to repair it..I thought it was fixed but when it restarted..I know also get this error:

Device driver has corupted the executive mem pool

These errors keep me from getting to the desktop.

Ive searched online but it doesnt really give me any ideas on how to fix this prob.
Anyone had any expierence in dealing w/ probs like this.

ok Im still running memtest86 as we speak on my laptop but heres what im getting:

on the middle are it lists the following:

walltime - 0:62:00
Cached - 510M
Rsvdmem - 2124k
mem map - e820-std
cach - ON
ecc - off
test - std
Pass - 1
Errors - 658456
ecc errors - 0

ok Im still running memtest86 as we speak on my laptop but heres what im getting:

on the middle are it lists the following:

Errors - 658456 < < < <

Well there you go.

You need to replace your memory.

ANy errors is not a good sign.
I Will utter my age old story.

Once upon a time, I had BSOD and stop errors like you wouldn't believe. Ran memtest for 4 hours. I had 4 errors. And yet when I replaced the RAM the problems disappeared.

In short, replace your RAM with Known good sticks and the problems should go away.

Thanks for all your help. I have some spare memory sitting around here somewhere...so Ill pop them in and see what happens/

ok..I popped in the new memory but now I get a new stop error. haha
this is why my other computer is a Mac. haha

now I get:

Page fault in non paged area...datestamp 42807cdd ntfs.sys

ok..so I tried to repair w2k again..it loads up and when I push R for the repair..the stop error "page fault" pops up.

I ran the memtest on the new mem..and everything comes back fine.

im kinda lost right now. Im thinking of hooking the HD to my other computer and backin up my stuff...then wiping it clean and starting over but if I do that...will it fix my problems? I dont want to wipe it clean to only have these probs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom