Help me on Upgrading, I am Clueless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvpo.geo

Baseband Member
I have about $500 for these upgrades!!!
I am currently using a computer that I bought from a local computer store like 2-3 years ago. I want to upgrade it and get it running alot faster and smoother.

I currently have a

Asus A7V8X-X Motherboard
512 MB Ram
Nvidia GeForce 5200 (I believe could be 5600)
An AMD Athalon XP 2200 I believe but that could be wrong.

Anyway I want to upgrade so I can run multiple monitors smoothly(I realize I already can), I want to use a TV Tuner on this and be able to easily record programs and what not without lag or any problems. Overall I just want to upgrade and take my computer into the year 2007!

Thanks, and PLeAse help me out. I have about $500 to spend on upgrades.

So nothing from my current PC is Salvagable?
Can I sell my current PC so I will have even more money to spend on my new PC that I want to build?

Please help me out cause I seriously have never done this before.

ya try sell that comp then use all the money you get to build new one, building new one better then buying one from local store if have questions about building ask here

Where should I sell? On Ebay? Should I sell individual parts on the PC as a whole?

Last how do I go about completely erasing my Hard Drive so people cannot get information from it.

Sell it as a whole, because you aren't going to get much more, if you sell the parts individually...oh yea ebay, is a good place to start.

And I believe theres a program that rewrites your hard drive with 0s and 1s, but I forgot the name of it.

well try at 200 and see if anyone will bid on it then if not then just lower price but im sure you can for 200

Nice, I'm pretty sure I can build something really really good for $700. [:)] I'm pretty excited. Hope you guys can help me with what parts to get when I go to build a PC for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom