New Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieo

Baseband Member
I am looking to upgrade my video card. I play alot of games such as CS:S and other and my current video card is not quite cutting it. I do not need a super high end card just one that will boost my performance quite a bt. i have an agp slot, yes i know quite old but its what i got, and my current video card is an ATI Radeon 9600 se 128 mb card. i get roughly 30-50 fps in Cs:s and would like to increase that to preferably around 100+. any suggestions on the video card i should get and im on a budget so like anything under 100 or no more and 150. thanks.

Now, you say that the card isn't quite cutting it, and that you get 30-50 fps in CS:S.... What is happening that 'isnt cutting it'? Is it just that you want more fps, or are you seeing slow-downs, and artifacts?

EDIT: What are all of your system specs?
Your price range would put you at an x1650 or 6800/7600 at the top end...
Newegg.com - AGP Video Cards/EDIT

dude... 30-50 FPS is aite, is ur game slow or ur FPS isn't enough. EIther way a new Video Card is a good solution

well the fps will be stable for like 5 min then it will just shoot down and also if alot of stuff happens at once like alot of colors and it has to do alot of rendering it takes along time and most of the images arent like clear i guess is the best way to put it.

It all depends on your resolution.

If you play on 1024x768 res then a 7600GT for $110 as it will completely DESTROY CS:S even at 1600x1200 probably.

If you want to even go cheaper a 7300GT or 7600GS are very good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom