USB Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zobie

Solid State Member
Im very sorry if anyone finds this annoying, or frusterating. Im also sorry if this is in the wrong forum... But...

I just had a little bit of hard-drive fry-age from a power surge. (so sick of my brother and his addiction to Warcraft...) And ive found myself, with no experience at all, having to format an old hard drive, remove partitions, and reinstall XP.

I've got that far, now my only problem is that my "USB Controller" needs a driver, and my USB mouse and keyboard arent working.
Would anyone know where to find such a driver? I've been looking for the past few hours with no luck.

Ive got a "Gigabyte GA-7VM400M (Rev 1.x)" motherboard, if it helps. I've also installed the USB 2.0 driver.

right click my computer and choose properties. click the Hardware Tab and then Device Manager. Can you see a "yellow question mark" under your USB? if so, then double click and try installing. This should work if you have connection to the internet.

If that doesn't work then go here download the chipset and USB drivers:
GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver

Also when you have both controllers mouse and keyboard using usb you will not be able to get past the setup for the usb drivers. If you can get a standard mouse just for setup it should get you over the hump...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom