Building a New Gaming Machine Need Pro Info..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystaleyez511

Beta member
I picked out a few cases, and have a few motherboards picked out, I go to school to design video games, and I want my next hobby to build my own machine. I've already put in a new hard drive and new graphics card to play Guild Wars, but my power supply and cooling system isn't up to it. Need a little help in correcting my problem, and in building a gaming machine. Money really isn't tooooo much of any issue, but I'm not building a Falcon.

so where are the links to your choices of mobos and other items?

Perhaps you can give us an idea of what you want. Internet surfer, low-end gamer, X-treeeme Gamer, etc.

Your budget for the PC is very helpful too. :)

Just to get you pointed in the right direction, you may want to look at the Intel Core 2 Duo CPU's, as they have bested anything that AMD is (currently) offering.

Also try to give more details as Hercules mentioned...

Make sure to check out some of the different stickied threads here, and Good luck with your build!

Okay Im confused at what you want here so here is a suggested build for a gaming enthusiast:

mobo: Abit AW9D-max or Asus p5b
Cpu: E6600 or E6420 if you are willing to wait
Ram: G-skill 2x1gb (value if you dont want to overclock the hz (the black ones) if you are going to oc)
Hdd: 320gb seagate barracuda (quiet, fast, long warranty)
Psu: Antec true power trio 420W
Video card: 8800GTS 320mb if your on a budget but put all spare funds into it..... If you get Evga version you can use the 90 day step up program to upgrade
Hsf: Scythe Ninja

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom