Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic Gohan

Solid State Member
Hey there sorry i couldn't be more specific with the title but I'm not entirely sure what to put, let me explain the problem.

My brother has just given me a new computer, well minus the DVD drives and hard disks. So i installed the 2 hard drives and 2 DVD drives from my old computer, set the masters and slave priorities correctly and so booted the system up.

I quickly checked through the bios and everything appeared to be in working order, so i changed the boot sequence to cd first so i could install windows onto it, then restarted and went to install.

The message appeared saying press any key to run from cd, so i pressed a button and the cd kicked in. Firstly it inspects the hardware configuration which it got through fine, then the blue screen appears with the writing at the bottom saying it's loading files and drivers preparing for the installation to begin. Then just as it's getting to the end of this process and it's about to get to the first menu of the setup the computer just cuts out and resets.

I'm baffled, i have no idea what could be causing this, I've tried changing the dvd drives, three different ones, I've tried different cds but no luck and i can't think of any reason why this would be happening. I have three partitions on my first hard drive and one of them has a copy of windows XP from my old machine which doesn't work on this system, but i can't see how this would be a problem though.

I hope someone has some experience with this problem as I'm really pulling my hair out over it, thanks for any help you can give me!

may seem like a Power Supply problem or ur RAM doesnt like u (starting to die)
Download this Microsoft Diagnostic Test for your RAM :Microsoft Online Crash Analysis
what you need to do is run the application and it will create a bootable floppy for you. Now you need to run the floppy as first boot priority on your New system and let the application run for 1-5hrs. If it shows you any errors then time for new RAM.

if it doesnt show you any errors try swapping your old PSU from your old system and switch it around to your new system and see if that helps

Iv had a problem like that too before, it was a ram stick, my pc would stay on for a little then randomly restart. take out the ram, stick it in a diff pc and see if that one randomly restarts. If it doesent, check the ram with a ram testing program such as memtest and if the memory turns out okay then your best bet is either to a: try a different power supply or b: try using only 1 ram stick in certain slots and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom