Vista and RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
Okay... WHY has NO ONE come out with RAM benchmarks for MS Vista?!

How is 512

How is 1gb

How is 2gb

How about 4gb???

I googled for like an hour trying to find something, but all i could find were nerds asking how MUCH ram it supported.

Come on anandtech, tomshardware, etc. This wasn't even done with XP, and yet is STILL remains one of the biggest myths in the pc world today. We need ram based benchmarks comparing 512/1/2/3/4 etc

Anyone have any insight into this?

Hello,

1GB of RAM minimum. If you're a gamer or performance hungy, then at least 2GB. Performance gain depends very much on what programs you'll be running, and how many.

For example, it wouldn't make any sense for me to get 4GB of RAM because all I really do is surf the net, use Microsoft Office and listen to music. Besides, not many applications commonly used today will guzzle that amount of system resources.

Though, they will in the future. Also, Vista SuperFetch will work to it's full potential with greater amount of system RAM.

i see 1gb plenty for the average gamer.. and the casual pc user..

I would suggest just buying one gig.. and then if that seems to not be enough, buy another gig later on.

I ordered a second last night when COD2 was pulling 100%. I'm just curious why no site has ever run simple verifiable tests for the masses.

512 is the minimum..it would be like running XP on 256.

1GB is about how 512 runs in XP. Plenty enough for the standard user and some gamers. 2GB actually is still fine for gaming since the games don't take any more ram and in XP I play COD2, FEAR, Oblivion and never hit under 700mb RAM. 2GB is plenty enough for gaming still today and will be for a while I would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom