which comes first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonchieftain

Beta member
hi guys.. help is much appreciated this time...

currently my system is:
Pentium D 820
1gig ram x 1 stick
Asus P5LD2 mobo
x1950pro gpu

now it's still 2 months old.. i can change the processor to core 2 duo e4300 by adding around $80.. or should i spend my money for another 1gb ram to benefit the dual channel capability?

tnx in advance

If you're operating fine with one gig, I'd go for the CPU. If you are having problems (mainly gaming) because of RAM, go for it.

Any particular reason you went with a P-D?

me i would go with the memory first. the Pentium D should be fine for awhile... but i would get a core 2 duo when prices are cheaper. Memory usally has a fixed price for awhile so i wouldnt regret spending more money

I upgraded my PowerEdge 400SC from 1GB to 2GB about a month ago but didn't really see much of a performance boost. If you are a type of person that runs multiple applications and by multiple I mean “a lot” then more memory would help, otherwise I would go with CPU upgrade.

tnx guys.. i went for P-D because of money shortage, there's no AMD on stock, and i was tempted by the asus mobo. hehehe..

yeah im more on gaming, im using winxp64bit. i experience framerate drops during gaming.. i dont know what's the prob..

so in gaming, mem will do the noticeable boost? or the proc?

tnx

ps. P-D820 operates on 800mhz fsb and E4300 does the same. im not really an expert when it comes to this.. is it a wise buy to go for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom