Need some help choosing memory before I buy today

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarplyrstevo

In Runtime
Today I am going to go out and buy a processor (E6600) and possibly memory for my first build. I currently only have an Asus P5W DH Deluxe (Newegg.com - ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail) mounted in my case. I am not too sure on what memory to get, but after reading many threads from the past month or so, I assume G. Skill (the black ones in particular) is the top of the line memory for the price.

Like many of you, I want all the parts in this computer to all be high quality parts to avoid performance problems in the future so money is not too big of an issue. Keep in mind that I probably will not overclock right away, but I will most likely do it in the future.

So can you guys please help me choose fast and reliable memory for my new dream computer? I am looking into 2gb's of memory.

If money is not a problem then i would get g skill HZ's which like u said are the black ones. but there r lower versions of black too so make sure its the HZ for the best ram.

you might want to also google around and see if your memory has had any issues with that mobo (not saying it does) but just to be safe.

i say go with the 1st set of gskill UA Iron listed, the HK.
the HZ are good, too..
but i just cant get past the stock timings of those HK sticks...4-4-3-5. and that, my friend, is friggin awesome. stock! stock i say!

i say go with the 1st set of gskill UA Iron listed, the HK.
the HZ are good, too..
but i just cant get past the stock timings of those HK sticks...4-4-3-5. and that, my friend, is friggin awesome. stock! stock i say!

yeah, those are awesome timings I must say.

I might have to get a set to check em out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom