Fan help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bittiez

Beta member
Not sure if this is the right place but I'm in dire need quickly.

Well anyway, my computer has been running at extremely high temperatures and I've decided i should have more then one fan in my case..(excluding the cpu fan)...

I need to know couple of this.. Firstly, which one of these deals would be better for a gamer with the following specs:
amd athlon 2.4ghz 3800
1gb ram
1 harddrive(80gb but size doesnt matter)
sapphire radeon x1800

Theres this deal:
10 of these for 13$ Newegg.com - MASSCOOL FD08025S1M4 80mm Case Fan - Retail

or 1 of these for 14$ Newegg.com - Thermaltake A1357 80mm Case Fan - Retail

I also need to know the ideal locations and air flow directions for my case..

My case is a basic box, I need to know (if someone can an image would help) where to place fans for best results and which way the fans should be blowing for best results(intake, exhaust etc)..

Thank you whoever can help me a ton! As you can see I'm finding my way into the world of computers.. and please be nice, I'm only 15 ;)

the second fan is better because it has more rpm but is a lot louder. it you put a fan at the front of your case blowing in and one at the side blowing in and the one at te bck blowing out you will have goo air flow.
You should only have the rear fan blowing out all other fans should blow in, for good circulalation.

The ideal for airflow in a case, is intake in the bottom front of the case, and an exhaust at the top rear of the case. And if you have side mounts, they should be intake.

How many intakes can i put on the side? Or does it matter much? And if i have multiple ones on the side would i want an extra on the back?

u cn put in as many intakes as u want on the side, heck, replace the whole side panel if u really want! And no, you wouldnt need another on the back. As to how many fans to put, just put enough for good circulation. I have one fan on the front, one on back, another over the video card, and one just randomly on the side. All are intake, except for the one at the back, and over the video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom